PQ Certifications is India’s premier kosher certification agency having office in Delhi. We have affiliations with different kosher certification agencies / rabbi’s to provide kosher food certification services across India and globe in their supervision in best possible manner at affordable rates. This makes us leader in kosher food certification in India with combined experience of certifying more than 50,000 products and more than 1000 production facilities across the world. Think Kosher Think PQC has become synonymous.
Our objective is to help small and medium enterprise to go for kosher certificate.
What is Kosher?
- Kosher is another term for kashrut, or Jewish dietary law.
- Kosher foods are prepared following strict kashrut guidelines, which can vary in different Jewish communities, but have the same basic rules. Jewish dietary laws were established in the Old Testament of the Bible, with additional rabbinical decrees handed down through generations.
- Consumption of certain animals is prohibited, and the separation of dairy and meat is required. Preparation and processing equipment and facilities must be cleaned and sanitized between products. Blood products are not allowed.
- Foods are not allowed to co-mingle, so surfaces and utensils must be thoroughly washed and sanitized after each type of food is prepared to avoid any chance of cross-contamination.
What is Kosher Compliance Certification?
- Kosher certification is provided by a third-party certifying Jewish agency.
- A representative of the certifying agency visits the applicant’s production facilities and thoroughly inspects every aspect of the operation, from the sourcing of foods and materials all the way through to the end of the production process.
- Depending upon the product, food may be prepared and manufactured under rabbinical supervision to ensure that the finished product is compliant with kosher laws.
Aren’t kosher foods only for individuals of Jewish ethnicity and/or faith?
- While kosher foods are a must for individuals of Jewish faith who “keep kosher”, for others kosher foods are simply pure foods produced using highly sanitary methods. In Hebrew the word kashrut means “fit” or “proper.”
- Kosher foods are prepared in a similar sanitary fashion to Halal foods eaten by Muslims, although there are religious differences. “Halal” means permissible or allowed in Arabic. Many Muslims will consume kosher foods as an alternative or surrogate for Halal, with the notable exception of kosher foods prepared with alcohol.
Paramount Quality Certification is not accredited from Kosher Board to provide Kosher certification. PQC only provides the Kosher compliance certification which can be seen only on company website.
What does the kosher certification process for NOW products entail?
- Our manufacturing facilities and equipment are inspected by a rabbi from the certifying agency. Most of our kosher dietary supplement products are certified through Triangle K (trianglek.org), while most of our foods are certified through the Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc).
- Each NOW product that is kosher certified is reviewed and inspected by a rabbi for conformance to kosher guidelines. All ingredients are also examined for conformance to kosher guidelines.
- Because we operate more than one manufacturing facility, and our facilities are in different regions, our kosher products are audited by more than one certifier. This means that NOW kosher-certified products may bear different certification logos depending on where they were manufactured and the agency that certifies them.
Why aren’t all NOW food products kosher certified?
- Because of strict kosher guidelines, some products and ingredients are automatically ineligible, such as glucosamine, when it is derived from shellfish.
- Some products and ingredients lack the required documentation and traceability.
- Kosher certification can apply to other products, such as supplements and we are actively pursuing kosher certification for more supplements.
For getting Kosher Compliance Certification; please reach us at +91-7888752963 or [email protected].