BIFMA’s level is the multi-attribute sustainability standard and third-party certification program for the commercial furniture industry. BIFMA developed level to deliver an open and holistic means of evaluating and communicating the environmental and social impacts of furniture products in the built environment. Taking into account a company’s social actions, energy usage, material selection, human and ecosystem health, along with numerous other impacts, level addresses how a product is sustainable from multiple perspectives.
BIFMA is a not-for-profit trade association for business and institutional furniture manufacturers. Since 1973, BIFMA’s role has been to sponsor the development and refining of current and future standards, educate on their importance and application, and translate their necessary complexity into more easily understood and implemented formats. We also monitor the state of the industry, serve as a forum for member cooperation and collaboration, interact with international counterparts, and advocate for regulatory conditions that foster value and innovation.
Paramount Quality Certification is not accredited / membership from BIFMA body to provide BIFMA certification. PQC only provides the compliance certification which can be seen only on company website.
BIFMA Compliance Product Safety and Performance Standards and Guidelines
- BIFMA PC-2018 – BIFMA Product Conformance Requirements
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 Office Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.4 Lounge and Public Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X6.4 Occasional-Use Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.5 Desk Products
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.6 Panel Systems
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.9 Storage
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.11 Large Occupant Office Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X6.1 Educational Seating
- ANSI/SOHO S6.5 Small Office/Home Office
- ANSI/BIFMA M7.1 Standard Test Method for Determining VOC Emissions
- ANSI/BIFMA X7.1 Standard for Formaldehyde and TVOC Emissions
- ANSI/BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard
- BIFMA HCF 8.1 – Healthcare Furniture Design – Guidelines for Cleanability
- BIFMA G1 – 2013 Ergonomics Guideline for Furniture
- BIFMA Color – 2005 Color Measurement
- BIFMA PCR for Office Furniture Workspace Products: UNCPC3814
- BIFMA PCR for Seating: UNCPC 3811
- BIFMA PCR for Storage: UNCPC 3812
- BIFMA PD-1-2017 Mechanical Test Standards-Compiled Definitions
- BIFMA Sustainability Guidelines for Office Furniture – 2005
- BIFMA Tex4.1 – 2005 Woven Textile Characteristics
For getting BIFMA Compliance Certification; please reach us at +91-7888752963 or [email protected].