The 2018 version of ISO 50001 was released on 21 August 2018. With this release, ISO 50001:2011 will be withdrawn. The transition deadline is confirmed by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) to be three years from the publication date. To keep a certificate valid after this deadline, companies need to make sure their certificate is transitioned during the 3-year period.
It is also proposed to be in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards that address quality management and environmental management issues. Also, it will have the common elements of ISO’s management standards like the continual improvement vide Plan-Do-Check-Act method adopted in the earlier ISO Management standards.
Its implementation is expected to address what the organization does to effectively manage energy resources and performance that is relevant to global standards.
Advantages of ISO 50001:
- Measuring, reporting, benchmarking energy use improvements
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out.
- ISO 50001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organizations continual improvements on energy performance
- Create transparency in the management of energy resources.
- Evaluate the improvements in implementation of energy efficient technologies
- Organizations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Promoting a framework for efficient use of energy in the organization.
- Helping organizations make a better use of their energy assets.
- System Compatibility; It can be integrated with existing management systems
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- Helping in procurement practices for energy using equipment and systems
For getting ISO Certification; please reach us at +91-7888752963 or [email protected].