What is ISO 14001:2015?
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organization’s products, services and processes. By completing ISO 14001 certification your organization can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
Environmental regulations are getting stricter, and so is the law enforcement. Customers and shareholders increasingly demand that businesses diminish the environmental impact from their business, demonstrate what they do, and how they improve.
[An Environmental Management System helps your organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency.
ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL CERTIFICATION PROVIDES A FRAMEWORK FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICE TO HELP ORGANIZATIONS:
- Minimize their environmental footprint
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- Develop their business in a sustainable manner.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001:2015
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management.
- Develop corporate image and credibility.
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future.
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance.
- Improve environmental performance of supply chain.
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders and directors.
- Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organization.
- Grow your access to business partners and potential customers.
Its Aims to Integrate the Organization’s EMS Into The Core Organizational Strategy. The Key Changes In This Standard Are:
- A greater commitment from leadership.
- An increased alignment with strategic direction.
- Greater protection for the environment, with a focus on proactive initiatives.
- More effective communication, driven through a communications strategy.
- Life-cycle thinking, considering each stage of a product or service, from development to end-of-life.
The environmental management system ISO 14001 (EMS) is rapidly being adopted by many organizations, across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Reduced energy consumption due to conservation
- Reduced taxes by using renewable energy
- Reduced cases of polluting spills
- Reduced waste management costs
- Identification of Significant Environmental Risks
- Prevention of litigation
- Green Brand Image
- Efficient supplier interaction
- More trusted public image
For getting ISO Certification; please reach us at +91-7888752963 or [email protected].